Monday, August 1, 2011

Boys of Summer

I first posted this last summer after the FINA Championships. As I've been watching these first few days of swimming in the London games, I'm struck by how utterly right on I was concerning the US Men swimmers. I mean, am I right or am I right about how hot they are? They're like US Men's gymnastics hot, but normal sized people. So, I now present to you once more the Boys of Summer...you're welcome.

 *************************************************************************

Guys.....it's hard to believe, but it's been 3 years since Michael Phelps went all gold crazy on us at the 2008 Olympics. Phelps won a record setting eight golds, including that still impossible-to-comprehend victory in the 100 m Butterfly over Milorad Čavić. Doesn't it seem like only yesterday that we were trying to figure out how his hand miraculously touched the wall a split second before Milorad's?

In just one short year, he'll be trying to get all fancy again in London at the 2012 games. But if Phelps wants to equal what he did in Beijing, he'll have to severly improve on his recent performance at the FINA 2011 World Championships.

Because, the big story this past week/end wasn't the golden boy of yore. That distinction went to fellow teammate Ryan Lochte, whose 5 gold medals included victories over Michael in the 200 m freestyle and 200 m individual relay.




Lochte taking down Phelps isn't the main scoop I want to share with you, however.

The most important thing I took away from the 2011 FINA Championships was this: the US Men's Swim team is HOT.

That's right, I said it. HOT.

Ladies, are you paying attention??? These guys are a-dor-a-ble. And just because I'm a giving sort of person, I now present to you the boys of summer.....

                                         Ryan Lochte




Nathan Adrian



Ricky Berens




Nick Thoman






You're welcome. And these aren't the scrubs that are just heat fillers. They are all actual honest-to-goodness medal contenders.*Le sigh*


Sooooo....show of hands. Who's now officially ready for the London 2012 games? Or at least a cold shower?

Me too, friends. Me too.


Images provided by media.nj, chuvachienes, media.kitsapsun, www3.images, and tyr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations